Universal Orlando opened on June 7 1990 with one park, Universal Studios Florida. It is owned by NBC Universal. Universal Orlando is one of the most visited resorts in the world. The theme park is well-known for Harry Potter-themed attractions. It is a marvelous place to explore scenes from your favorite movies and meeting with characters, live entertainment, shopping, and dining. Universal Orlando Resort has 3 theme parks.
Universal Studios Florida
Universal Studios Florida is one of the fantastic theme parks. Your favorite films and TV shows come to life. It has over 20 attractions and 8 uniquely themed areas and shopping&dining. Explore the Wizarding World of Harry Potter lands, Diagon Alley. You can buy wands of your favorite characters from the movie. The wand can interact with some of the features in the Harry Potter Lands Just you say the spell with the wand and the magic will happen. Some of the best rides are Harry Potter, The Hulk, Transformers, Bart Simpson, Spiderman, The Mummy, etc.
Islands of Adventure
You can experience Harry Potter such as Hogsmeade and Hogwarts Express. To ride Hogwarts express, you will have to buy Park to Park tickets which means you can travel from one park to another. So Hogwarts Express will take you from King’s Cross Station in Universal Studios Florida to Hogsmeade Stations in Universal’s Islands of Adventure. This park is about comic books, legends and myths. You will be thrilled to meet favorite icons such as Wolverine, Captain America, The Green Goblin and others. There are also attractions for little ones such as Seuss Landing TM inspired by Dr Seuss storybooks.
It is a water theme park to explore high-speed thrills & fun. The famous centerpiece of Volcano Bay is Krakatau stands 200 feet tall above the park. Experience the amazing thrills climbing up to the top. It has 19 different attractions and unique experiences. Rivervillage offers fun family time for all ages even for tiny little ones. Tot Tiki Reef is the place where your little ones enjoy slides and kid-size volcano. Another convenient feature is TapuTapu. It is a wearable device for people to wait in line virtually while you enjoy other rides.
It is an epicenter of entertainment, dining, and shopping. It is located between the entrances of Universal Orlando Studios and Islands of Adventure. Citywalk is convenient for on-site hotel guests. It opens until 2 am, you have plenty of time to enjoy the nightlife. You can watch the Blue Man Group shows here. The blue man group is a comedy, theater, rock concert and dance party. The show lasts about 1hr 45mins without intermission. The theater is located in Universal walk. Guests should arrive 30 mins prior to the show without theme park admission.
In general, Universal Orland has something for everyone, for kids, tweens, teens, young adult singles, couples and families. Park to park admission ticket is required for people to visit more than one Universal Orlando theme park on the same day and also to ride the Hogwarts express. Multiday park to park ticket allows people to go back and forth between parks and enjoy the parks on their schedule.
According to TEA (Themed Entertainement Assocation) statistics of 2018 based on the number of visitors, Universal Orland Resort ranked #3 in Top Theme Park Groups Worldwide and over 50 million people visited Universal Orlando Resorts and Parks in 2018.
Top 20 Water Parks Worldwide by the number of visitors in 2018
(Source : TEA)
- Chimelong Water Park – Guangzhou, China
- Typhoon Lagoon Water Park At Walt Disney World Resort – Orlando, FL, U.S.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park At Walt Disney World Resort – Orlando, FL, U.S.
- Parque Aquático Thermas Dos Laranjais – Olimpia, Brazil
- Aquaventure Atlantis Bahamas Water Park – Paradise Island, Bahamas
- Volcano Bay Water Theme Park at Universal Orlando Resort – Orlando, FL, U.S.
- Aquatica Orlando – Orlando, FL, U.S.
- Therme Erding – Erding, Germany
- Hot Park Rio Quente – Caldas Novas, Brazil
- Aquaventure Water Park – Dubai, U.A.E.
- Wuhu Fatawild Water Park – Wuhu, China
- Kaifeng Yinji Water Park – Kaifeng, China
- Sunway Lagoon – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Aquapalace, Prague – Czech Republic
- Ocean World – Gangwon-do, South Korea
- Siam Park – Santa Cruz De Tenerife, Spain
- Caribbean Bay – Gyeonggi-Do, South Korea
- Shenyang Royal Ocean Park – Water World – Fushun, China
- Tropical Islands – Krausnick, Germany
- Wet ‘N’ Wild Gold Coast – Gold Coast, Australia